[pct-l] RE: SoCal General Backpacking Yahoo Group

I knew you'd come around Mike. I suggested doing this at the beginning.

For those not familiar with Yahoo, once you're in the group, you never have
to go to the Yahoo site again IF you want to keep receiving the messages by
email and do not want to see the archives and other features. If you do not
want to even sign up, Dave or Mike should be able to sign you up themselves,
although it's not the best way to go. If they can't help and you have
questions, let me know, as I moderate several Yahoo Groups.

For those interested, we have another Yahoo list designed for section hikers
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTSection/ with 76 members, but not much
activity lately. The PCT Section has two parts. The list is for anyone in
the area interested in actually section hiking the PCT rather than just
talking about it. It's mostly just for setting up trips, and not for chit
chat. The other part is that the formal PCT Section is part of the San Diego
Chapter of the Sierra Club. The Yahoo list is NOT part of the Sierra Club,
but many (not me) are members of both. There are sometimes meetings, maybe 3
times a year, with outside speakers. If you're interested in being added,
let me know, as membership is restricted just so we know it's real hikers
joining and not robots or worse.

Bill "AsABat" Jeffrey

Moderator, PCTSection