[pct-l] PCT Origins / Completion Statistics

A thru-hike requires more time and arguably more commitment
than a guided Everest attempt. Nor does it strike most as a
goal worth committing to; the PCT isn't recognizable like an
8000 meter peak in the Himalaya. The experience is
intangible to those outside looking in. (Whew)

- bf