[pct-l] PCT in 63 days?

Sky pointed out that,

>> David Horton aka "The Runner" is going to attempt it starting June 4 from
Campo. I don't know David personally, but a couple of very dear friends of mine
will being support from the start until Kennedy Meadows. David at one time held
the speed records for the 2165 mile Appalachian Trail in 52 days 9 hours and the
270 mile Long Trail in 4 days 23 hours. Both have since been beaten.

I know David. He is a professor from back East and a very capable
ultrarunner. Another ultrarunner, Catra Corbett, is planning on a start at
the same time as David so it will be interesting to see how they both fare.
Catra and I have been friends for years and last summer she did a JMT double
in 12.5 days. Catra and David are very experienced at multi-day races. Other
then their love of trails and running, they are as different as night and
day. I gave Catra the address for this list and suggested she join to gain
valuable information--and to meet all of of you who will be out there next
year. You'll enjoy seeing them on the trail. They will be enjoying it in
their own way.

John Vonhof
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my website