From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Deems
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 2:46 PM
To: pct
Subject: [pct-l] The A Tree?

I have seen "the A tree" in section M-CA mentioned many times in trail
journals, guide books, trek books, and on this pct forum. I'm a forester,
intrigued by trees deeply personally and professionally, but the "A tree"
sure stands out in my mind as something special. I haven't been lucky enough
to hike through that section yet, but can someone who has explain the
significance or tell the tale of "The A Tree"?