[pct-l] Manning PCT

Not having a whole lot of free time I hope to take the PCT 1 year at a time in 1 week increments, starting in '05 in Manning Canada.
-I'd like to start with the first 70 miles from Manning to Washingtons Rainy Pass. I have read that this is one of the most challenging areas of the trail?
I hope to do this in 4/5 days either late July or the first week of September.
Since this area is heavily populated with Grizzely, that is my only concern.
Comments, concerns and opinions please.
Thanks