[pct-l] on topic and still confused

when I am mountain biking on trail with hikers and approach a hiker, I
always say "ON YOUR LEFT" (or right, if called for).  That way, the
hiker knows where I will be instead of telling them what to do.  I also
always try to pass on the left if possible since that is what most
people are used to in a car.

HTH.

peace,
dude