[pct-l] Wet feet and blisters

I agree with what Ken posted.  I also only wear thin liner socks with running shoes, even when hiking in snow.  In addition, my hiking shoes are a size bigger than the shoes I wear at home.  This gives my feet more wiggle room.  Like Ken, I also never get blisters.

Another thing to remember about wet feet -- especially in the Sierra during snowmelt -- is that your feet don't just get wet from fording streams.  They will get wet because often times the trail is a stream, and from postholing in the snow.  You will soon learn that removing your shoes to ford streams is pointless, because your feet will be getting wet all day long anyway.  Plus, when you stop to take your shoes off the mosquitos will feast on you.

At least when your feet are always wet, they're also always clean! :)