[pct-l] Nuplse North Face Jacket

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:47:53 -0800, Cathy <tahoe.cat@verizon.net> wrote:

> VERY sorry   but I happen to like the NORTH FACE   thank you very
> much    GPB

Bill,
If you look very hard through a Google search including TNF and consumer
satisfaction buzz words, there are a sprinkling of complaints directed
to the brand.  There are, of course, hundreds of hits such a search
generates
and the trick is to discount both the irrationally angry ones (the flames
without any specifically-stated basis) and the ones motivated by commercial
concerns (such as sycophant magazine editors apparently looking for
advertising
revenue).  I've encountered the same reaction on the trail, sometimes where
there are specific complaints about warranty, sometimes just a vague
miasma,
and sometimes an acknowledgment about quality tempering disparagement based
on some particular feature such as weight-to-performance ratios.

Does anyone else have different reactions to the brand name?

--
Jeffrey Neil Zimmerman
Sonoma County, The Left Coast