[pct-l] Food

    I eat AlpenAire "2 serving" (for 1 hiker) or "4 serving" (for 2 hikers)
dinners, once a day, not necessarily at night. When I hike by myself, I don't
even cook them; I just rehydrate while I hike and eat them cold; I don't mind
cold food, and it saves the whole stove/fuel/pan hassle, weight, and space. I
buy 5 flavors by the case, and eat a different one daily. It works for me, but
cold food and a slight extra cost may not work for some.
    I get my daily fat from Pemmican Bars, Clif Bars, Wha Guru Chews, soy
cheese, and my version of the old Ed Garvey (Older AT hikers know who he is, and
may have his books.) "Citadel Spread", the latter a peanut butter and powdered
milk mix. I'll post the CS recipe on request. (Btw, I've had soy cheese keep
for up to a month after it leaves the fridge; I sometimes get a bit of mould a
couple of days after the sealed package is opened, but I just thinly slice it
off. Hiking by myself, I eat a 12 oz package in 3-4 days, and I recommend
Soya Kass brand.)

Bob
Big Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of Texas)