[pct-l] Food

Price, and the fact that many of them taste like butt, not to mention all
the packaging.

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Tidal Wave
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:15 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Food

I am basically a lurker, but I plan to do the hike in 06.  I've wondered
about this.  People talk a lot about what kind of food to bring, but I
seldom (never?) see people recommend the freeze dried food in packages that
you can buy at REI or Adventure 16 etc.  Is it because of the price?  It
seems to me that these foods would offer variety.  Would it be a major faus
pax on the trail to open up a Beef Stroganoff with noodles and peas?

Thanks, Kizobear