[pct-l] Food

Hi there,

My partner and I have used almost exclusively freezedried dinners on the
JMT. Granted, that is not as long as a thru-hike by any means.

We had some Dutch meals that were way too big and filling for us, which is a
problem too, as you don't want to bury food - especially in bear country.
(It is called Globetrotter and I don't think they export)

We preferred MountainHouse, chicken teriyaki and pastas, yummy. We ate
sausage, peanut butter and chocolate spreads to make up for the fat
deficiency.

I tried very hard to eat enough on the trail. I could lose some kilos still,
but I decided beforehand that I would try and lose weight before the trail,
but not while I was hiking. I have found that eating too little actually
makes me trip and fall, feel exhausted and scared and from time to time less
rational. So I try. I just don't feel hungry most of the time on the trail.
Too tired to be bothered to eat.

Saskia