[pct-l] Re: Instant coffee tastes awful??

> <CWillett@pierce.ctc.edu> wrote:
> Cowboy coffee.  Put grounds and water in pot, bring gently to boil,

This is not just the technique of the cowboys, the Slovakians do this
as well. And forget the pot, the grounds settle in your cup. That last
gulp could have you running to the nearest rock or tree faster than
expected. I'm a coffee addict as well, and during my trek in the
Tatras I drank many shots of espresso with a good quarter inch of
grounds at the bottom. The technique is actually to swirl the liquid
when not sipping; this settles the grounds quicker. I've not practiced
this at home, but I think the next backpack trip I'll forgo the
filters and one-hit dripper I've toted around for 30 years and use the
swirl method.

By the way, do you know any cowboys who drink cowboy coffee? All the
cowboys I know drink MJB or Folgers instant coffee.

Dave