From: "Robert Ellinwood" <rellinwood@worldnet.att.net>
To: "'PCT list'" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 5:00 PM
Subject: [pct-l] pot/cup combo

Hikers all,

For next summers PCT trek I am considering taking a single cup/pot combo.
In choosing, at present I am down to the following:
Snow Peak Titanium Trek 700 Mug
Snow Peak Titanium Mini Solo Cookset (taking only the pot)
Evernew Titanium Teapot
MSR Titan Tea Kettle

They are very similar...  Has anyone had problems with the Titanium burning
their mouth in drinking?  Or the handles being too hot to hold?  In your own
experimenting/researching, have you found a difference in the lip-burning
aspect between a "Mug" and a "Tea kettle" ??  Any design differences I need
to be aware of?

Ideally, I would love to find a very similar design in aluminum, but simply
haven't yet.

I would love to hear of your own preferences.  Don't hesitate to email me
off-line, if you prefer.

Thanks,   Dr. Bob