[pct-l] What restocking hikers buy

This is a little tough to answer since I just buy what they have.  However, one thing that springs to mind and that I am always happy to find is Nutella.  There are few better snacks than nutella and peanut butter burritos, except maybe if you crumble an oatmeal cream pie in there as well.  Sry salami is appreciated as well (not summer sausage).    There are a couple of good new breakfast items: Quaker Oatmeal To-Go Bars and Nutragrain (I think) muffin bars. Different kinds of individually wrapped snacks, like hot peanuts, sunflower seeds, cheese-and-cracker combos, etc.  I like the individual wrappers since it makes it easier to carry in my pocket while hiking (I eat while I hike).  My complete 3 day (realistic) resupply list:

1 box (6) muffin bars
1 box (6) oatmeal bars
1/2 lb mild cheddar cheese or salami
1 package whole wheat tortillas
1 jar nutella
1 jar peanut butter
6 King Size Snickers or Milky Way bars
3 bags hot peanuts
3 cheese-and-crackers
2 Ramen
2 Liptons
2 flavored couscous
Olive oil

I tend not to need any other supplies, as I use a bounce box which carries things like film and supplements.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett