[pct-l] Attempting thru hike in 2005

I will be one of the lucky few who will be attempting to through hike
the trail in 2005, but only if no major job presents itself to me in
the next couple of weeks.  I plan on attending the kick-off even if I
am gainfully employed.  This past kick-off was my first and I have to
say that I enjoyed myself with the other people around.  It's kinda
neat to meet some of the people that helped me endure my drudgery at
my previous job by reading their journals (Northerner and Teatree
especially).  They are akin to stars and were treated that way by many
other people there, so I know I'm not the only one who found hope from
their journals.  This year, Nocona has been a great journal to read,
although I must confess to not have read it all, as she helped me see
some of the emotional hardships on the trail.

Also, at the kick-off, seeing other people's approaches to the hike
and equipment that I otherwise would not have been able to touch and
feel was a very good experience.  I've modified some of my own
approaches to my gear based on what I saw at the kick-off.

Hope to see ya'll at the kick-off and on the trail!

Verdick