[pct-l] RE: Portable Word Processing Device

Thanks to all of you who answered my question about a portable word
processing device.  The consensus seems to be that a Pocketmail is the way
to go and that an AlphaSmart is too heavy.

I used a  basic Palm for a while, but I didn't like using the plastic stylus
to input text.  For some reason I was given the talent, and it's about the
only talent I was given, to keyboard moderately fast (50 wpm) on a full
sized keyboard and so I became accustomed to doing it that way.  My wife
says I would qualify to be a secretary at some places, but I'd have to shave
more often. What a kidder she is.

Anyway, one day my palm just stopped working for no obvious reason, but by
that time I wasn't really using it much anyway so I just threw it in my desk
drawer.  I assume it's still there buried under various notebooks, pens,
pencils, and other office stuff.

I will investigate the Pocketmail and the newer Palms and Handsprings for
the full sized fold out keyboards (thanks Dude.)

The digital voice recorder is a good idea too.  I have a basic one that I
use at work (Olympus VN-900.)  It doesn't have a detachable memory card, but
it is  fairly rugged and the sound, while not broadcast quality, is good
enough to understand, which is the main thing.

Can't get enough of those gadgets!

John Coyle
Sacramento
What's up with the Kings? Even Seattle beat us!
(Just kidding, the Sonics are a good team.)