[pct-l] Logistics problem!

Hi everyone,

In my search for a post-college, pre-PCT spring job, I discovered a
great little science camp in Idyllwild, CA.  I interviewed with the camp
today and they loved me, BUT, they want me to work the full Spring
season of January to Labor Day (last weekend in May).  ADZPCTKO is in
the end of April, making it a full month that, if taking the job, I
would have to work instead of hike.  I really want to thru-hike in 2005,
section hiking doesn't appeal to me, and so I want to figure out how to
make the job and the PCT work together.

A few details:
* Idyllwild, as most of you know, is very close to the PCT.  The camp's
day-off scheduling makes room for 2-5 days off at a time.  I /could/ do
a little pre-hiking if weather conditions permitted.
* I would not have a car.
* 2005 will be my first time on a long trail, and I am looking forward
to hiking & camping with other thru-hikers (as opposed to being by
myself for 5 months)

Advice needed!  Please solicit it!