[pct-l] Re: stealth camping around Hwy 138, mile 516

The "sandy wash of a seasonal creekbed" about 3 miles past Jack Fair's old
place is where the California Aquaduct comes out of the ground and runs in a
pipe across the wash.  It provides decent shade (Don't mind all the trash
around) but there is a dirt road nearby that gets some occasional use.   As it got
later in the day, one could go west a bit in the wash and find a  place away
from the road.  If it were me ( and it was, since I hiked from  138 to Mojave
in 2002 and 2003), I'd arrange my schedule to hit the area in a  fashion to be
able to hike the 14 or 15 miles to Cottonwood Creek during the  day, getting
there by mid afternoon.  It's pretty level and, hence, easy  walking.  You can
get water at the spigot at Cottonwood Creek and hang out  under the bridge
for shade.

"No Way Ray"  Echols