From: Richard Cox <richardlcox@gmail.com>
Sent: Nov 5, 2004 12:16 AM
To: Yellow Jacket <yellowjacketlite@gmail.com>
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Where exactly are Bear Canisters required?

Hey this is my question!

It's how I got my trail name from Yogi.  When I asked it in 2002 I
started a 400 email flame war about bear canisters and it took me 3
days to find the real answer. When I met Yogi in Warner Springs and
told a group of hikers at dinner that I asked that question they all
responded in unison "Oh, you're The One!"

Looks like you are faring better than me. The answer that I remember
was only required in the three National Parks in California, Sequoia,
Kings Canyon, and Yosemite.

I won't advocate anything to anyone, but I will tell you that I
started looking for a good bear canister right after I sent that email
and... I am still looking for one. I'll let you know what I finally
decide on ;)

The One
PCT 2003