[pct-l] pctko

Mtnned:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I got help from my request for a copy of the
Walk.  If you want answers about backpacking this is the place to ask.  Scott
Herriott the producer of the "Walk," Squeaknpup, and Marion Davison  all came to
my rescue.

The presentation to about 50 Scouts from Club to Eagle Scouts went great.  We
decided to give 15 minutes of the Walk followed by questions and  answers.
What really amazed them was the camaraderie and the odd trail  names. They were
all wide eyed. The Walk was followed by  a demonstration of my 12 pound pack
and its contents. They all picked up  the pack to felt its weight. Even the
Twelve year olds just flipped it on of  course in hung to their ankles. Next
month we will give another 15 to 20 minutes  presentation of the Walk followed by
a topic on trail food. Hope to  make PC'ers out of some.

Lonetrail

Sorry I didn't review my 230 pct-l messages until tonight so I missed  your
request for info on finding the "Walk" for your next Boy Scout  presentation.
Alas to say I don't know but there are people on the list  who do.  Did you
get any helpful replys? The "Walk" would be a great  feature to present to the
Scouts.  I have given many a slide show to the  troops in my area.

mtnned