[pct-l] ultralight packs

Hi Marshall,

I carried a GoLite Breeze on the JMT and my partner carried a G4. We both
had a bear cannister (BearVault).

In my Breeze my gear fitted only just. I put my sleeping bag on the bottom,
my sleeping mat against my back. Then I put in my clothes bag (not much in
it, usually) and then the bear can. Toiletries, my GoLite Coal jacket and
other small stuff went on top. Water filter could fit in a side pocket, as
could my sunglasses, gloves, cap/hat, cup. My rain gear fit in the big mesh
back pocket. The G4 is huge and the bear can actually helped keep it in a
good shape for carrying. My partner uses the poles from the Tarptent to keep
the Z-rest upright as a sort of frame.

All in all, it wasn't bliss. I had to pack very carefully to make sure that
the cannister did not make the back pack completely round in the back. That
does not carry very nicely. I put the sleeping bag partly to the left and
right of the cannister. That helped a little. It took some experimenting...

Saskia