[pct-l] RE: light packs

I have tested the Mountain Smith (2003 Model)
It weighs 2.5 LB, Has 3100 Cubic inches, and uses a Fiberglass rod bent in a horshoe as the support. It works well up to 35LB.

Took it on the 130 day trip with Snickers and I at Walker Pass.
http://www.geocities.com/pct_2005/walker.html

I used a Platipus 3 QT water system, which worked well.
This pack seems to work well with a 16LB Base weight....
If you are going over 35 LB, you might want to look at a differnet pack.
As for me, I am planning on using this pack for all the PCT2005 trip.

-Mountain Goat-
http://www.geocities.com/pct_2005/

frank martin <sriprank@yahoo.com> wrote:
I use a Bearikade Expedition vertically in a Golite Gust. It is
about the same weight as a Garcia but much larger volumn (and price).
I just stuff my sleeping bag in the bottom of the pack put in the
cannister and pack everythin else around the cannister. Making sure
the cannister is centered. Not that difficult.

frank