[pct-l] ultralight packs

I have had nothing but great experiences with ULA (see http://www.ula-equipment.com).  I used a ULA Zenith (no longer made, but similar to the Fusion) on the PCT and then for 1150 miles on the AT, plus about another 500 miles of weekend hiking.  So, that is over 5000 miles of hiking on a pack weighing around a pound.

I used a P1-X on the Great Divide Trail this summer and for some weekend hiking here is Washington.  It is the best pack, lightweight or otherwise, that I've ever used.  That includes Arc'Teryx, by the way.  My version has hipbelt pockets and is built with additional capacity into it (another few hundred ci on the inside) and weighs a hair over 2 lbs.  If your base weight is less than 20 lbs, it is probably the right pack for you.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
Pierce College