[pct-l] ultralight packs

> Wow - I am impressed with the great info thats shared here - Ive learned a
> great deal.
> OK, its been yrs since Ive purchased gear.  Gota start somewhere - packs.
> Whats the scoop on ultralight packs?  Any opinions out there?

I used ultralight packs as my primary pack for a couple of seasons and
then decided that a light weight pack with a frame (granite gear vapor
trail @ 34oz) was a better choice for me.  Some people love ultralight
packs, others don't.  Just make sure the rest of your load is
ultralight or you will overtax an ultralight pack.  I recorded my
observations:

http://www.verber.com/mark/outdoors/gear/pack.html#ultralight

You should also check out the reviews at
http://www.backpackgeartest.org and think about a subscription to
http://www.backpackinglight.com

--mark