From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
batdorff@coosnet.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:02 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Red's Meadow South

I'm planning to hike from Red's Meadow south to Kearsarge Pass in
mid-Oct.  I have the following questions:  (1) Is the shuttle from
Mammonth Lakes to Red's Meadow still operating this time of year? (2) Is
the trail still open i.e. no fire restrictions?  (3) Are bear cans still
required?  (4) What can one expect for temperatures at that elevation?
Thanks for you help.

Jim