From: Chris Willett [mailto:CWillett@pierce.ctc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:12 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net; Mike Saenz
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Thru Hiker Sleeing Bags

Try Western Mountaineering at www.westernmountaineering.com

The Highlite (40 degrees) weighs in at 19 oz. in the 6' 6" version.  It
certainly was not optimal for the High Sierra, but good enough for SoCal
and from Sierra City north.  I finished in Canada in late August, so I
didn't have to contend with cold or bad weather up north.  If I was to
do it again, I'd bring my Ultralight, which weighs in at 1 lb 15 oz in
the large size and is good to 20 degrees.  I'd probably start with it
and carry it until Sierra City, then switch into the Highlite for the
rest of the trip, possibly picking up the Ultralight again in Washington
if I was running late.  I have reviews of both bags at
http://whiteblaze.net.  Look in the Gear Reviews section.  The Highlite
review was written last year and so will be a bit buried, but the
Ultralight review I wrote recently.  The posts would be under the user
name of chris.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu