[pct-l] walk dvd

Mouse,

Welcome to the haunted house of PCT Past Thru-hikers, where the ghosts of the
trail nightly haunt your dreams and the memories of those by-gone days don't
fade away but just keep getting more vivid.  Where the freedom of the trail
calls to you every morning and your soul tells it "shut-up, I have another life
now" and it replies, louder and louder, "NO! GET UP, put on your pack, tighten
the laces on your shoes, get out the map and figure out where you want to be
tonight, DAMN-IT!"

You'll find yourself at odd times, like commuting in your car or on a bus,
waiting in airport, lying in bed with your friend, and then the memories and
deep soul-full longing will come screaming back and you'll find your mind
somewhere out there; on Fuller Ridge, jumping across a stream, fighting off the
mosquitos, postholing through snow on the switchbacks below Forester Pass, death
marching near Burney in 106 degree heat . . . and you'll question your
priorities again and again and again.

Until one day, the opportunity will present itself again.

Eat well, stay strong, keep your mind focused and your pack ready.

After 27 years I don't find a day that I don't think about it, that I don't
crave it, that it won't leave me alone.  I am tortured by and fulfilled by it
at the same time.

Peace,

Greg Hummel

In a message dated 9/20/2004 12:03:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,