[pct-l] Re: MSR Dromlite bags

Eric,

I started my 2003 PCT hike with a 4-liter Dromlite bag and I have some VERY strong feelings from my experience with this product on that hike. It is definitely NOT an upgrade. You are probably right as far as puncturing holes in them, but the cap to the bag leaks like crazy. It just doesnt get a water tight seal no matter how tight you turn it. The hydration system attachment also sprung leaks and fell apart fairly quickly. My last straw for this item was when the bottom seal somehow sprung a leak on the Hat Creek Rim and I did the last half of that waterless stretch waterless in 100-degree heat. Nope, wasn't too happy with my water bladder then. I picked up a Platypus bladder the next chance I got and hiked the rest of the way with it without a problem. Only my opinions, but I feel pretty strongly about this product. Hope this helps.

The Northerner