From: "Marshall Karon" <m.karon@comcast.net>
To: "Pct-L" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 1:48 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Equipment list

Here is my most recent pack list from my just completed Colorado Trail hike.
I also noted what I used/didn't use. I wouldn't dare drop the fleece nor
extra socks - it could have turned cold/wet. The extra shorts/T-shirt were
nice to have at resupply towns - didn't need to wear the Frogg Toggs while
waiting for clothes to wash/dry. I did use the sewing kit, but none of the
first aid supplies nor bug spray. I didn't include clothes I wore nor the
trekking pole. Full fuel canister is included (empty is about 3 oz).

                      Description
Quantity Weight Weight   Used

                            OZS      LBS   Daily
      Tent (Six Moons + 1 space blanket + 6 stakes - no pole)   1    37.00
2.31    Y
      Pack (ULA P1 with 2 belt pockets, top pocket)                 1
37.00      2.31    Y
      Sleeping Bag (Feathered Friends Swallow)                         1
30.00      1.88    Y
      Pad - Z-Rest 10 panels
1    10.00      0.63    Y
      Canteens - 1 liter; .5 liter
2      3.00      0.19    Y
      Water Filter with wrench - Safewater  .6 liter                      1
6.00      0.38    Y
      Jack Knife
1       2.00      0.13    Y
      Cup/Spoon
1       1.00      0.06    Y
      Stove (Giga Power)
1       3.50      0.22    Y
      Fuel (Butane - small - 7 days) / lighter
1       7.00      0.44    Y
      Pot (Evernew Titaniam 1.5 liter)
1       5.50      0.34    Y
      Towel
1       2.00      0.13    Y
      Toilet Paper
1       3.00      0.19    Y
      1st Aid supplies (bandaids)
1      1.00       0.06
      Plastic/nylon bags for clothes, food, etc.
1      1.00       0.06    Y
      Socks  - extra (Gobi liner and Ultramax outer)                    1
4.00       0.25
      Socks  - for sleeping
1      2.00       0.13    Y
      Handkerchief
3      1.50       0.09    Y
      Running Shorts - extra
1       4.00       0.25
      T-shirt - extra (Coolmax)
1       4.00       0.25
      Long Sleeve Fleece Pullover (100 weight)                           1
8.00       0.50
      Long Sleeve Shirt (Coolmax Light)
1       6.00       0.38    Y
      Long Sleeve Silk (top and bottom)
1      7.00       0.44    Y
      Rainsuit (Frogg Toggs)
1    16.00       1.00    Y
      Warm hat/gloves
1      3.00       0.19    Y
      Misc papers, Guide, money, sewing kit, etc.                         1
8.00       0.50    Y
      Camera (with film and battery)
1      8.00      0.50    Y
          Total