[pct-l] Digital Cameras

 Also check out the Olympus cameras. I'm not sure
which ones use AA's, but they make a damn good
camera.. I used to use one for taking passport photos.
The one we had was a c-4000 (4 MP). I think that some
of their Stylus digitals are weather resistant and
fairly light.

 Mike

--- shane wohlken <darkbodhi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm right now in the process of finding a good
> little digital camera that I can take along on
> the thru-hike.  I currently own a Kodak DC5000
> which is a hearty weather resistant camera that
> takes fine pics, but since it weighs in at 1 lb.,
> I've been looking at other options.  My criteria
> are pretty basic.
>
> Must haves:
> *Take AA batteries (just makes since on a trail
> like this).
> *Lighter than 1 lb. (lighter the better), but
> solid--I don't want a "toy" camera just to save
> the weight.
> *Use either compact flash, SD, or xD media card
> (I have a reader for these types).
>
> Bonus features that I would like, but aren't as
> essential:
> *Weather resistant.
> *3-4 megapixels (2 is fine, 5 is starting to eat
> up too much card space in my opinion).
>
> Some cameras I'm looking at:
> *Pentax Optio43WR (I'm impressed with the specs
> on this one, but some owners have complained of
> blurry pics).
> *Canon PowerShot A85 (Similar to the Pentax, but
> without the weather resistance.  Supposedly takes
> great pics).
>
> I would appreciate any thoughts on either of
> these two cameras, or any suggestions to check
> out a camera I didn't mention.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shane

=====
Don't panic!

" The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing."
http://www.freehueco.com