[pct-l] Big Storm of 2004

3 odd facts about Oregon:
1. If you head East of the Cascade range, Oregon is high desert; hot and dry with 300+ sunny days per year; just like most of the West
2. Crater Lake has more total snow accumulation per season than anywhere in the world
3. Mt. Hood is the only place with year round skiing in the entire United States.  Just ask the ski team, they're here all summer.

What's that have to do with hiking the PCT?  Not a thing...just chuckled about the web feet comment as it was very Oregon stereotype (and true in some places most of the time... like Astoria, OR).

-swoosh