[pct-l] Gathering Sign Up,,Soon

The site is www.aldhawest.org   - leave out the hyphen.

Basically, Aldha-West is a long distance hiking group that promotes hiking,
especially in the west. It is much smaller than its eastern cousin, ALDHA.
>From the web site:

Our Mission

The mission of the American Long Distance Hiking Association - West
(ALDHA-West) is: To promote fellowship and communication among long distance
hikers, and those who support long distance hiking.

During the year, the organization publishes a quarterly journal of hiking
experiences, tips, and member letters.

Its main event is the fall get together to share hiking experiences, trade
"secrets", and get inspired to get out there and do another trail or part of
a trail. It always is fun and you come away with that long distance spirit,
new ideas, and wishing summer was only a month away. If you have aspired to
doing the PCT, CDT, AT, or other trail, the Gathering offers a great way to
learn the "tricks of the trade". It is also a great place to share what you
have learned.

And this year's venue at the Clair Tappaan Lodge on October 1-3 near the PCT
and near Lake Tahoe and Donner Summit should prove to be a super site.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@comcast.net