From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
Lonetrail@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 12:31 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Bozo attacks bear

A picture is worth a thousand words. They had a TV coverage on this episode
at Chilao
campground.

The women interviewer certainly was aware of a filthy campsite. She had her
camera person scan the whole campsite for the viewers to see.

This bozo had his children and wife sleeping in their tent with their SUV
parked alongside it. Instead of keeping their food in the SUV he had a
number of
coolers stacked along side his tent. He had sausages and fish hanging Indian

style on a line attached to a tree or to his tent.

When they heard a sound out side their tent they saw the bear routing
through
their pig pen campsite. The wife and children easily walked to their SUV.
Safe in the SUV the Bozo picked up a throwing ax and threw it at the bear.
The Ax
fell amongst the empty beer cans screws around the campsite. If only the
police would have given him a sobriety test perhaps the truth would have
been out.

I frequently hike in this area the campsite and dumpsters (not bear proof
usually over flowed with garbage on the ground) I have previously on my
posts
complained about this.

The forest management should have stiff finds on persons who violate
campsite
rules.
A bear may die because of idiots like this bozo and Pvt. Skivie.

I was just up around Etna on the PC and the Ranger warned that bears are
very
active .. Please be careful when camping.

 Another thing Archery Hunting season is starting today. The forest being as

dry as it I feel they should postpone the season, especially since a fire
look
out person has been shot with an arrow. Be on the look out for crazy people
not bears.

Lonetrail