  From: Lonetrail@aol.com
  To: chelin@teleport.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 7:01 AM
  Subject: Re: [pct-l] Pacific Nth West Rain

  Dam it Steel Eye I thought you were in your twenties when I read your posting

  Lonetrail
    Good evening, all you fellow NW rain-lovers,

    I started tromping parts of the old Oregon Skyline Trail, that eventually
    became the PCT, back in the mid '60s.  I can testify that the hills were no
    steeper then than they are now.  They only seem steeper to me now because it
    takes longer to go up.  I agree with Pat McManus about why:  The hole in the
    ozone layer is letting in too much gravity.  My wife has another theory
    about why I've slowed down, but its just too ridiculous to discuss.

    I wish I would have thru-hiked then.  Not because the trail was then really
    a trail, but because Steel-Eye was then really Steel-Eye.

    Enjoy...

    Steel-Eye