[pct-l] solo traveler

Hey, I just joined the PCTA after having thought about this trip for a while.  Despite loneliness issues and quiet nights, are there any qualms with traveling the trail alone?  Is it too dangerous to attempt a thru-hike solo or is it better to team up with a crew... and if a crew, how many people is ideal and does anyone want another tag-along for a 2005 trip...

I appreciate any feedback, advice, or comments... Thanks.

Ciao,
Dave