[pct-l] Thru Hiker Whereabouts

In a message dated 8/25/2004 2:20:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
elee@microsoft.com writes:

> Well, it's been some pretty nasty rain.  The kind of rain that's quite
> typical for Washington in winter, but unusual for August.  I imagine
> they're quite bedraggled after all that.  I've been looking out my
> window for five days now thinking, "Oh, those poor, poor thu-hikers . .
> ."  It should start drying up on Friday.

Yeah, I guess.  They always could have bailed at Chinook Pass or spent a day
in the Camp Urich and re-grouped if it were that tough.

What's the old saying, misery is optional?   I don't have sympathy for any
thru-hikers unless they're forced off the trail due to injury.

Sly