[pct-l] water at Oregon Hwy 140 crossing?

I was there this time last year and the canal was running nicely. After
that, it's 8.1 mi. to the Twin Ponds Trail. Summit Lake is to the left;
Squaw Lake to the right. Both are about 5 min. off trail.

And there is other water well before 25 mi. Most of it is off-trail, but
that's the nature of this section:
Christi's Spring is 12.5 north of Hwy. 140, amid huge fields of
huckleberries. I found it flowing quite well.
At 13.6 mi., you'll meet the Red Lakes Tr. Center Lake is a minute or two to
the right.
At 17.3 mi., you'll come to the Sky Lakes Tr. If you are taking this
alternate, you'll have plenty of water. If not, visit beautiful Deer Lake
for water, only about 5 min. off trail.
At 23.2 mi., be sure to visit the Snow Lakes.
The 1st on-trail water can be found in several creeks just N of Devil's
Peak. Honeymoon Creek was also flowing. I chose these rather than doing the
big side trip to Ranger Spring. Skipped Jack Spring as well because I heard
it was hard to find. After that, I took the alternate to Stuart Falls, where
there was plenty of water. After that, it's dry all the way to Crater Lake
NP.

There are also some significant dry sections north of 138, but nothing that
can't be done it you have a capacity of 5 liters or so.

Hope this helps.

Judson
Ashland