[pct-l] Re: stoves

To the Question:
>So what does this leave as possibilities for stove use??

>From the same web site, I saw that it said:
"2) Only pressurized gas or jellied petroleum stoves are allowed (no Esbit, no Pepsi can, no Coleman fuel stoves, no candles, as above). "

I take this to mean that Propane Butane, and whatever jellied petroleum is; stoves.

I was thinking of my whisper lite as an alternative, but I am unclear about pressurized gas stoves. It could mean "liquid gas" or "Gaseous gas", ie propane, butane, hydrogen, etc. I also noticed that it said no coleman stoves? which could mean no white gas.
Any ideas?

-Mountain Goat-

> I justed looked up on the PCTA web site, and they said
>
> "Solid-fuel stoves (e.g., Esbit), open-flame alcohol stoves (e.g.,
"Pepsi(TM)" stoves), and even Coleman fuel stoves are prohibited everywhere
in the Forest at present. I just called the Forest Supervisor's office and
verified these details.
> Candles as light or heat sources are prohibited. Smoking is prohibited,
except inside enclosed vehicles or buildings.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/news/2004/news-2004-07-23-fire_rx_new.shtml
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/documents/fire_rx_order_7_23_2004.pdf

http://www.pcta.org/planning/during_trip/Trail_con_SC.asp?sect=B