[pct-l] Tuolumne pronunciation (was "Re: stoves")

I agree:  "Two-all-uh-me" is the correct, accepted pronunciation of
Tuolumne by the 'locals'...  I believe, though, that the original Indian
pronunciation may have been "Two - all - um - knee", but that the 'n'
sound has disappeared (or has been 'Americanized') over 200 years...

And when you get further North approaching Carson Pass and the PCT goes
over Elephants Back, one is in a corner of the  Mokelumne Wilderness...
(and that's pronounced:  "muh - CALL - uh - me" by the 'locals')...

Happy trails!