From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of James
Payne
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 12:38 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Photons (was "Base weight Sect Hike Cascades")

FYI - there is also a 'Turquoise' color, which Photon describes as
"night vision green"...  can be used for hiking, can see almost as far
as with white, doesn't completely destroy night vision - but does
affect it a little (but DO NOT look directly into the beam!)...
battery life is same as the white though (I believe the red and orange
colors use different batts than all the other colors/white)...  the
red is better suited for 'close' night vision work - checking map,
camp chores, digging in the pack, etc. ...  I carry two - one
Turquoise and one Red (and depending on the trip, I still might carry
my LED headlamp if I'm definitely planning on night hiking in heavy
forest or with little or no moonlight available.

Happy trails!