[pct-l] Two quick questions about...

Good afternoon, Squatch,

Your knee pain may, or may not, be reduced with supports, depending upon
its cause, but I do not know of any instance where the use of supports
exacerbated such a problem.

Several years ago I experienced debilitating pain at the outer edges of my
knee joints due to running, and a sports podiatrist diagnosed the problem to
be caused by Morton's Syndrome, i.e. flat feet.  Poor arches cause the
straight-line load vector from the center of the hip joint to the flattened
foot to
tend towards the outside of the knee joint rather than more directly
straight
through.   That causes a searing pain on the outer edges of the
knees.   The fix for that problem is usually arch supports.  I got custom
orthotics, but off-the-self items such as SuperFeet are also good.  I had
immediate, and apparently permanent relief, and I have been running
and hiking pain-free with them for about 25 years now.

I tried SuperFeet because eventually my custom set will go belly-up and
I want to consider a lower-cost option.  So far I have only day-hiked with
them, but they have not disappointed me.  I like their design having the
supports
attached to the full-length insole.  Everything seems to stay in place
without
duct tape.

Steel-Eye