From: <Hiker97@aol.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 6:27 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Another Equipment Tip

> As we go down the trail sometimes our equipment zippers are secretly
sliding open.  A simple way to stop this is to put a little glue on the
zipper tracks.  I do this on my belly pouch and glue the zipper to where I
do not want them to open any further. They still open enough to get things
in and out easily.

> Before I would sometimes get to a break spot or camp and notice a zipper
partly open.  I would panic and wonder if anything had fallen out somewhere
back on the trail.  Not anymore.  Another trail tip from Switchback.