[pct-l] Donner Pass to Walker Pass

I admit it, I am addicted to the PCT.

After completing Manning Park to Cascade Locks last year, I am returning to do
another section hike.

I am hiking N-S from Donner Pass to Walker Pass starting 24 August.

 Any thoughts about getting transport from Truckee or Reno to Donner Pass?
Greyhound to Truckee then what?

Any thoughts about getting transport from Walker Pass to Los Angeles?

Is it practical to leave the PCT somewhere south of Kennedy Meadows and hike to
Onyx direct rather than via Walker Pass?

What likelihood of water problems on KM to Walker Pass by mid September? (I note
it is OK now).

Thanks again to all my PCT friends and advisors over the last two years, I hope
to meet you on the trail.

best regards
David Booth
Carmans Man