[pct-l] 20 mile days

Just as a side note to this response, I had a 2:20 marathoner tell me
that every pount of bodyweight that you carry will add 2 seconds per
mile to your pace.  For example, if you are trying to run 20 miles and
you currently can run 20 miles at a 8 minute pace, then you lose 20
lbs, you should be able to run at an 7:20 pace (20 lbs x 2 seconds = 40
seconds).  If you calclulate how much faster that is over the entire 20
miles, it come out to 13.333 minutes faster.  That's very significant.

it probably works very similar in hiking.  if you lose weight, you will
use less effort to do the same ammount of work.

peace,
dude