[pct-l] 20 mile days

Jeff,
I can't address your question directly, but I know that it is possible to
get into decent shape even if you are over 50.  I am 56 and 2 years ago went
from 250 to 180 lbs. I started out unable to jog around the block. Last
Thursday I rode my road bike around Mt. Rainier in one day, 153 miles with
10,000 ft of climbing.

My three suggestions are:
1. A bicycle for conditioning  - Use lower gears and there is less wear and
tear on the knee and other joints.
2.  Try yoga for increased flexibility, better balance, and overall health.
3.  Continue your weight loss.

Good luck.  Mike