[pct-l] Golite/GVP (was no-subject)

Truth be told, I, too, have concluded that an external frame is the way to go,
although not one built along conventional lines (so far as I'm aware). I've
spent the last month becoming reasonably good at laying up carbon fiber to
create a pack capable of carrying _my_ gear, on _my_ body, the way _I_ want
(hey, if it's going to be custom, it might as well be _totally_ custom). My
target weight: one pound. Not quite there yet, but I'm close enough that I'll be
carrying a prototype on the JMT in September. Could be the first pack ever
_designed_ to carry a bear can (oops, I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that

And, no, I will not be lashing anything to the frame. Aside from water bottles
in the side pockets, everything else goes in the bag.

--Steve