[pct-l] ADA

I have no problem with the benefits and compassion for those who are
challenged. If the people of this country choose to legislate to create
a barrier free environment, then the people of this country should pay
to make it happen.

The way it is now, the property owner must provide out of his/her own
pocket. Seems unfair to me.

Jan

On Jul 27, 2004, at 8:34 AM, Steve Courtway wrote:

> We architects and our clients incur burdens which can seem very
> disproportionate to the benefit of the occasional person in a
> wheelchair who
> may have other options.
>>

>> i know this is off topic but ive just got to ask,what is your problem
>> with
> the a.d.a. ? i know it only benifits 1%(i dout the accuraccy of this
> statistic) but should`nt the disabled have the same access to public
> accomodations as the rest of us?

Jan Threlkeld, AIA
a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t
101 The Embarcadero