[pct-l] Thru-Hikers and cans (was Scary bear story &nothanging food)

dude, dude, dude.

if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

> Why is this the *only* acceptable solution?  As long as I keep my food
> away from da bears, haven't I complied

the cans are the only FAILSAFE way to keep the food away from the bears, and
ignoring the requirement 'cause you like chasing bears around at 3:00 a.m.
is up to you.  And when your methods fail come back to the list and tell us
why, and how "geez, if I had a can that wouldn't have happened".

go bears,
s.c.