[pct-l] Rae Lakes- early October

I have never been there in early October.  The closest to that date in
which I have been at Rae Lakes is 2nd week in September.
Unfortunately, I was there in the 2nd week in Sept during the last
significant "El Nino" year(1998) and it was SLEETING and SNOWING!  I
was also there in a non-El Nino year in the 1st week in September and
the weather was wonderful.

I would guess that in October you would *probably* be okay (ie: not
experience really nasty weather), but I would definitely prepare for
the worst.  It is well-documneted that it has been known to Snow in the
High Sierra during every month of the year.  having said that, I'd
guess that the chances of getting "dumped" on with more than a few
inches of snow is probably very unlikely.

good luck.

peace,
dude