[pct-l] Bear Can Cost/Materials (was Bear Cans)

why can't they make a super-light Ursack-type product that can
withstand attack from bears?  If kevlar can stop a bullet, shouldn't it
be able to stop a bear?  Just make the whole damn pack out of it and
now you don't even need a can.  I hear that spectra is even tougher and
lighter than Kevlar.  I don't know anything at all about these
materials, but I guess its the seams that fail.

I guess the other problem would be that your food would be smashed up
and/or carried off by the bear.

peace,
dude